Search This Blog

Monday 15 July 2013

Bit of a Garnier Obsession

Today I'm back with a bang (metaphorically of course). Recently I've uncovered a new love for Garnier and have bought and tried using these three products.

  • Garnier intensive 7 days hydrating lotion with L-Bifidus, for normal skin
  • Garnier moisture match for combination to oily skin
  • Garnier BB cream, miracle skin perfector 
So I thought I'd have a little chat to you about these little treasures and give three mini reviews of them.
So first of all is the intensive 7 days hydrating lotion with L-Bifidus (didn't have a clue what this was before today, it's a bacteria that acts as a moisture shield). This new garnier product claims to leave skin feeling hydrated for up to 7 days. I have to say, so far I really agree with this statement! I applied this a few days ago after exfoliating my legs and they still feel incredibly soft. Also, it has aloe vera in it, which is one of the main reasons I bought it. I was looking for some after sun but they seem to be quite a bit more expensive, and since aloe vera is cooling and an ingredient in after sun anyway, I thought I'd give this a go. I'll update you on whether this works as after sun when I get back from my holiday. I have fairly normal skin when it comes to my body (not my face) and this is really well tailored to my skin and gives the perfect amount of moisture without leaving skin greasy. Finally, it claims to be fast absorbing and I also agree with this claim- it leaves that feeling of hydration yet isn't sticky which is a problem I have with body creams from brands like soap and glory.

The next garnier product is the garnier moisture match for combination to oily skin. I apply this in the morning after cleansing and toning, before my make up, and also after taking my make up off at night before bed. Most moisturisers are usually advised to be used just once a day, but using this twice daily really works for me. I'm one of those unlucky people who have quite an oily t-zone but fortunately the rest of my skin is fairly normal. I'm so pleased with this moisturiser as it gives my face the moisture it needs to still look and feel healthy but it mattifies the oiliness which is especially appreciated in these warmer days we're having at the moment. It's a very light but at the same time creamy texture and really feels like it cools my skin and doesn't leave it feeling weighed down and clogged up. So I'd definitely recommend this product for people with oily- combination skin.



The third and final garnier product I want to talk about is one I've bought rather recently. I bought this last Monday when I found out that the warmth was set to continue here for a while. I didn't want to have that heavy foundation feeling all the time when it was humid and sweaty (yum). I'd read a lot about BB creams and took the plunge with this one, mainly because it was on offer in boots for around £2/ £3 off and I had some points to spend on my advantage card. I bought it in the shade 'light' and it matches my skin brilliantly. It claims to be '1 product' with '5 solutions', saying that it 'evens skin tone and boosts glow, blurs imperfections, smooths fine lines, 24hr hydration and SPF 15.' I buff it into my skin with my real techniques expert face brush and it really does even my skin tone but doesn't cake my face in make up, meaning I still feel confident that my face looks more presentable but my skin can breathe more in the warmth. I wouldn't say that it boosts glow very noticeably, but it doesn't mattify your skin as much as a regular foundation. I like that it has SPF as my skin is easily damaged by the sun and it saves me having to put suncream on my face (I hate the stickiness of suncream). I wouldn' be able to say that it gives 24hr hydration either, as I don't tend to keep my make up on for 24 hours (and I hope nobody does!). It definitely does blur the imperfections that I have slightly, but concealer is still needed to just provide that extra bit of coverage so that I fee comfortable enough! 

The BB cream on my skin yesterday.. a very warm day indeed!

Ok.. so those reviews weren't as short as I thought they'd be! Apologies if it was a bit too rambly for you, but I hope somebody has found something in this helpful. Garnier now feels like a brand I trust and I'll definitely be having a nose around some more of their products soon.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment