Search This Blog

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Floral Find

I'm an absolute sucker for floral patterns, whether it's a delicate ditsy or a bright and bold print. When I went to Stratford upon Avon a few weeks ago, I browsed the shops with my friends. Stratford has such a quaint little town centre full of rustic sweet shops, vintage and antique shops and lots of charity shops. 

I wandered into acorns and saw this dress and fell head over heels in love with - believe it or not- the floral pattern.




The print looks so vintage. The faded deep pinks, greens and creams look timelessly pretty. It ties up around the middle giving you a more defined waist (and just adds a bit of detail). It does scoop very low at the front so I have to wear a bandeau underneath, but that isn't too big of a problem. 

The writing on the label is really hard to read so I'm not sure where it's from, sorry! If I manage to decipher what it says then I'll add it in.

I occasionally do manage to find some brilliant things in charity shops and it makes me feel like I'm helping someone else by buying something from them (a slightly more guilt free way to shop I suppose!) 

I'm still in America at the mo and having an amazing time (I really don't want to leave) but took these pictures and pre-wrote most of this before I went away. I'll be home on Saturday and am ready and raring to get back into my blog! 

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)

Charlie x

2 comments:

  1. I'm such a sucker for floral too!

    Stratford upon Avon sounds lovely, I'll have to add it to my to-do list next time I'm the the UK, and I'm super impressed you managed to thrift such a cute piece, I always want to be one of those people who finds the best second hand things! I'm still working on it...

    The blog is looking great!

    Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment! I'm trying to work on my thrifting skills as well, so if you manage to, please blog about it- I'd love to see :D

      Charlie xx

      Delete