Search This Blog

Sunday 14 July 2013

A Shocking Sunday

I wanted to return to blogging this weekend full of happiness and excitement. But this morning, I woke up, checked twitter and saw the heartbreaking news that Cory Monteith has died at the age of just 31. 

For anyone who doesn't know who Cory is, he played the character of Finn Hudson in the TV show 'Glee'. He was an amazing actor and singer and his talent inspired so many people I'm sure. I myself am a huge glee fan and even though I'm so saddened by his death, nothing I feel right now can compare to how Lea Michele, Cory's fiancĂ© (who he was rumoured to be marrying in the next few weeks) his family, friends and people he's worked with feel at this time. 

I didn't want to not say anything about Cory's death because he meant a lot to me. This has really drilled it into me that you never know how long you have left with the people you love. I know that how I feel right now doesn't come anywhere close to anyone who's lost a parent, a brother, a sister or any other friend or family member, but we are all allowed to grieve for people even if we didn't know them personally.


R.I.P Cory Monteith, 1982-2013.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment