Search This Blog

Monday 17 June 2013

Everyday Makeup Products




Today fellow humans I thought I would share with you the products I use pretty much everyday, meaning they're also the products I love and trust. These products give me a very relaxed, natural look which is usually what I prefer to look like unless I'm going somewhere particularly special.

Foundation

After cleansing and toning, I moisturise my face and neck. I've just started trying the Garnier moisture match for combination to oily skin (I may do a review of this once I've used it a bit more as I know I was quite indecisive about getting this).

I then put about two pumps of my Rimmel match perfection foundation (I'm in the shade 'true ivory') onto the back of my hand, dot it around my face and then blend in with the Real techniques expert face brush (I'm also going to review this, particularly for my friend Ellie as we have such long discussions about real techniques!).



Concealer and Blusher

Next, I use collection's lasting perfection concealer under my eyes, around my nose and on any blemishes. I'm sure this has to be the most popular concealer with bloggers and youtubers and rightly so; it convers spots brilliantly and really reduces the bit of darkness under my eyes. I also find it quite mattifying which I like as I have quite oily skin.

I then use my Laura Geller baked powder brush (I'd never heard of this brand until my Grandma gave me this brush) and I dust some Rimmel match perfection blusher (mine's in the shade medium) onto the apples of my cheeks and up my cheekbones. I love this blusher as you can blend the three shades in the pan to get a colour that suits you best.

Powder

To make sure my make up stays for as long as possible, I use Rimmel's stay matte powder in the shade 'transparent' (can you tell I rather love rimmel!). This powder is perfect as it doesn't look cakey, it just gets rid of shine and holds my make up in place.To apply my powder I use the elf powder brush. To be honest, this brush isn't much to write home about. It's not especially soft and doesn't wash very well but it does the job. I'm only using this still because I'm hoping to buy the real techniques powder brush soon.

Eyes

I often change my mascara as I can never seem to find one that volumises and lengthens my lashes. But a number of youtubers recommended the Maybelline rocket volume mascara and it has to be the best mascara I've found so far. I find it's quite verstaile and buildable, so I don't have to have a separate mascara for when I want a more dramatic eye more the evening. The eyeliner I use is the rimmel scandal eyes waterproof kohl pencil in black. I run this across about half way across my water line to just give my eyes a bit more definition but not close them up completely with loads of eyeliner!

Lips

This is the most simple stage for me in my everyday routine. I put on a bit of Nivea lip butter to soften my lips and then a bit of rose and almond oil vaseline to add a bit of colour, as the lip butter is rather pale and makes me look a bit ill if I wear it by itself.


I do apologise because I never know what to do with my face for pictures! I love knowing what everyone uses on a day to day basis so always read blog posts like this.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)

Charlie x 



1 comment: