Search This Blog

Monday 12 August 2013

What I Got For My Birthday


One of the topics I love reading about on blogs is birthdays, specifically the 'What I Got For My Birthday' posts. It's one of those brilliant ways to nose around other peoples' lives (something I take great pleasure in doing) and soak up some of that birthday joy!

Therefore, here I am, showing you the lovely presents I got off my family and one friend. 

DISCLAIMER
I am not writing this to brag about what I was given- I'm writing it because I love reading these posts and I know there are many other people who do as well. Also, I'm so thankful for the lovely things I was given- I'm mainly grateful I get to spend birthdays with my family and friends, present are an added bonus ;)

  
Soap and Glory 'Best of All'
  • 'Hand Food Hand Cream'
  • 'Peaches and Clean Wash Off Deep Cleansing Milk'
  • 'Clean on Me Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel'
  • 'Smoothie Star Body Lotion'
  • 'Heel Genius Foot Cream'
  • 'The Righteous Butter Body Butter'
  • 'Sugar Crush Body Scrub'
  • 'Sexy Mother Pucker Lip Gloss' in the shade 'Punchbowl'
  • 'Thick and Fast Super Volume Mascara'
For me, Soap and Glory is one of my favourite (if not my absolute favourite) bath and body brands. I'm a huge fan of their body washes and moisturisers in particular so was thrilled when I ripped off the wrapping paper to find this underneath with 9 amazing looking products inside it. Plus- you get the enormous zip up case that they come in!

'So You Want To Be In Musicals' by Ruthie Henshall

This present was off my big brother, Sam. He knows me so well obviously! It's my dream to be in musical theatre on the west end (I go on about it a lot, I bet you've noticed if you read my blog frequently). I started reading this on the plane home from America and it's incredible! It has pages of helpful advice for people like me who want nothing more than (like the title says) to be in musicals.

Musicals- The Premier Collection

This gift is one of my favourites (one guess why!). It contains 3 CDs with about 60 songs from musicals. This will come in so handy when learning various songs and will give me hours of ear enjoyment!

Wonderstruck Perfume by Taylor Swift

Wonderstruck is my favourite perfume I've ever smelt.. that sounds odd. It's a very fruity, floral and girly fragrance which is quite sweet smelling. It's perfect for summer especially but I can't get enough of it. I'd just ran out of the bottle I got last year before we went on holiday, so I was sooo overjoyed to receive this! Also Taylor Swift has been one of my obsessions for years now. Love that woman.

Beauticology Strawberry Cupcake Shower Creme

 My friend Izzi got me this and oh my goodness. THE SMELL! It literally smells like summer in a bottle as I eat tubs and tubs of strawberries over summer. It's such a refreshing and fruity scent and I can't wait to use this.

Fiorelli Blue/ Green Bracelet

I apologise that you can't see it very clearly in this picture, but Izzi also got me this gorgeous bracelet. It's a lovely deep turquoise colour (one of my favourite colours) and even the bag it came in is really cute!

Real Techniques Starter Kit

Since I have a blog where I discuss beauty, it's pretty much a given that this present is going to be more than exciting! It contains 5 eye brushes that look brilliant. Surprisingly my 13 year old brother got me this (I think my mum mentioned it.. he's not that observant with this kind of thing I don't think). I can't wait to get some serious use out of these brushes as I have the expert face brush from real techniques and it's the best brush I own. They'd better live up to their reputation as I've heard good things about this set!

Thomas Sabo- Masks Charm


I'm sure you're more than aware of my love of theatre by this point, so this one's pretty self explanatory. Now I have a charm for each performing art: a music note, ballet shoes and the 'comedy and tragedy' masks.

I feel like a very lucky girl to have been given such great presents! If you've enjoyed this, are as nosy as me (hello to any fellow nosy ones out there!) and you'd like to know what I did for my birthday, there's a link to that post here.

P.S! My big brother Sam has just started a youtube channel! If you have a free moment please give it a look, I'm sure he'd be ever so grateful.

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment