Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Empties- #1


This post is something regularly written by many beauty bloggers, so I thought I'd give it a go. To be honest, it is an odd concept; showing what's essentially rubbish on the internet and talking about how much you loved/ loathed the things. But still, a lot of people seem to enjoy these, such as me!


Sprays


Charlie- Enchanted Body Spray
Since I have two empty bottles of this, it's obvious I rather like these body sprays! I originally bought them when I was about 12 just because they're called Charlie (my name if you didn't know). Ever since, they've been a regular purchase for me. They're long lasting and this scent in particular is so pretty- a very floral, girly smell which isn't too sweet. 

Dove- Original Deodorant
This has been my go-to deodorant for a while now. It's a very gentle spray that doesn't sting or burn, it lasts well and has the same smell as the original dove soap- a very classic, fresh scent that eliminates the chance of any sweaty smells.. yum.

Wonderstruck Perfume by Taylor Swift
I mentioned this perfume in my last post as I got a new one for my birthday. I've loved Taylor Swift for years now and so I was so thrilled when she brought out a perfume. I got this 30ml one for my last birthday (August last year) and only just finished it before this birthday. It also came with a mini one that was perfect for carrying around for school etc. The scent is so scrummy.. very fruity and floral- perfect for summer but I'll be wearing it all year round for sure.  

Creams

Soap and Glory- Hand Food (mini)
This is my absolute FAVOURITE hand cream and it's always been so hyped about (and rightly so). The smell makes me want to eat it, but I guess that wouldn't be such a good plan! It's a very nourishing cream that I make good use of especially in the winter. It softens my hands so well and is also brilliant for my nails and cuticles if they're looking a bit rough. I now how the full size one and a mini one to carry around with me because it's oh so splendid.

The Body Shop- Mango Body Butter
I got given this in a gift set a while ago. At first I wasn't a fan of the the smell as it's VERY strong and VERY sweet.. and I'm a fan of sweet smells! It slowly grew on me but to be quite honest, I only used it because it was the only body butter I had in the house and I was low on wonga at the time. However, it did really hydrate my skin so I would probably like it in a different scent.
  

Hair


Batiste Dry Shampoo- 'Blush'
I think from this post so far it's been made pretty darn obvious that I'm a sucker for a floral scent (and a floral print for that matter), which is why this scent of this dry shampoo is my favourite. I also liked the tropical one that I tried but I prefer this one. It does leave white marks in your hair, but as long as you give it a good rub and comb, it does the job brilliantly and freshens up your hair for the day.

 Skincare


Simple Soothing Facial Toner
I've found this to be a product I've reached for and repurchased over and over again for around 18 months now. After cleansing it really soothes my skin and adds to the softening effect of the the cleanser. Simple is always a go-to brand for me for skincare as it's so gentle, especially for teenage skin like mine. I also find that it mattifies the oiliness around my t-zone very well and cools it if it's irritated at all, as it is suitable for sensitive skin (which mine often seems to be).

Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion
Just like the toner, this cleanser really soothes my skin and as it's quite a creamy texture, it adds that extra bit of hydration to my skin if it's looking a bit tired or dry. It's brillaint for removing make up and seems to get all the dirtiness off my face that builds up during the day with wearing make up and touching your face etc. This has also already been repurchased as well!

Simple Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes
I use these wipes every single day to take off the majority of my make up in the evening before cleansing. Their moisture always leave my face feeling so cool and refreshed before going to bed which makes me feel a lot more relaxed. I don't know about you but I coudl never go to sleep knowing there's make up on my face, unless I was ridiculously tired of course!

So they're all my empty products for the moment! I dare say I'll more of these posts in the future as I really liked writing these mini reviews. They're a lot easier to write than full in depth reviews, I'll say that! 

I'm being so organised at the moment and pre-writing all my posts and scheduling them for various days so I'm obviously feeling very motivated and full of ideas at the moment! Hope you're enjoying if you're a follower who regularly reads (thank you if you have followed, it means a lot).

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)

Charlie x 

No comments:

Post a Comment