Search This Blog

Friday 21 June 2013

Bucket List #2 -Travelling

Many people are lucky enough to go travelling; to see the world, discover new cultures, experience a variety of foods, see amazing types of animals etc etc. The second thing on my bucket list is to 'visit everywhere on my 'list of places'.' 


My List of Places (so far)

Sydney
Thailand
Hawaii
Verona
Los Angeles
Niagra
Nashville
Rio de Janeiro
Boston
Orlando
Berlin
Barcelona
Alaska
Pompeii
Canada
New Zealand
Ireland
Greece
Amsterdam
Copenhagen

I'm pretty sure that as I get older, this list will grow longer as I see pictures of and hear about friends having holidays in different places. Every time I'm fortunate enough to get on a plane and I look down at the ground below, it puts into perspective how tiny a part of the planet I am and how tiny Birmingham is in relation to all the different cities and countries that there are in the world. 

My parents have been to a lot of different places together. They lived in Australia and New Zealand for a year, have been to Ireland, France, Portugal, Singapore and Thailand (the picture below is of them in Thailand). The fact that they've had all these incredible experiences makes me more determined to travel, as they always tell me stories about their travels and the people and things they encountered and they always make them sound like such fond memories.



I'm lucky enough to have visited some amazing countries with my family and they were honestly some of the best times of my life (so far. Exploring new parts of the world just makes me so happy, especially when I'm with people I love. I'll be going to America in the summer (which you can read about here if you're interested) and can't wait to experience new places like Boston (which I'll be able to cross off my list!). I'm sure when I get on that plane to America and get up into the sky, I'll come up with a number of new places to add to my list.. I don't make things easy for myself that's for sure!

I'd love to hear about where anybody else wants to visit in their life!
 Thanks for reading and have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment